Monday 6 February 2017

MM Tip #16 - Are you trying to do all your marketing on the FREE?

Did you eat for free today or did you pay for your food?

Did your home just suddenly appear for you with a bed and all the comforts, or did you actually have to pay for it?

Then where did the money for all these things come from?

Are you independently wealthy or do you actually have to work for and earn your money, so you can have all these comforts of life?

Today there are so many things that we can get for FREE online that we tend to forget that there is no way that FREE will make us wealthy. Somewhere "the piper needs to get paid".

For example, I see many people get started in their own business, they open their doors and wonder why customers are not coming in. Could this possibly be you?

Many times, when I have sat down with a possible client who is asking about my services and what I can do to help them, I explain that they need to use an auto-posting system like HootSuite or SproutSocial. Neither of these are free. You used to be able to use the basic HootSuite for free, but no longer. It is now $10 a month for the privilege of using their basic platform.

LinkedIn has a free platform, Facebook is free, Twitter is free, Google + is free, Blogger is free. Instagram, Yelp, SnapChat, Periscope, Blab, YouTube, & Skype are also free. And there are countless other platforms that are free to use.

For some reason, people balk when they see that they actually might have to pay for the use of a platform online. Know what that reason is?

No Marketing budget.

I know because I was there once.

Now I am on a paid platform for LinkedIn, so I can have 45 InMails a month to use for reaching out to people I am not connected with. Next to the secrets of the groups, InMail is the next best feature of this platform.

I pay for my auto-posting system as well. On the paid platform we also have the privilege of the analytics available there to show us who we are reaching and how many people have read our posts and so much more.

I pay for pictures I need to use online. If I need to find a picture not already available in my own files, I do not want to be accused of plagiarism.

When we do not pay for the use of platform features to assist us with our online marketing, we are handicapping our business and our reputation online.

In summary, if we want people to take us seriously, we need to take our business seriously.

Get on a paid platform and get the job done right.

Check out some of my coaching packages at www.marketingmentress.com.

Christine Till
The Marketing Mentress




No comments:

Post a Comment