Wednesday 19 April 2017

LinkedIn Tip 91 - Why do I need to have a blog?

Prove to me why I need to have a blog for people to read every week!

There have been many clients that I have had pass through my training system and what I have noticed is that most of them never post anything on LinkedIn, let alone anything close to a blog, online, period.

Now why is that, I wonder? Are people just too busy? Do they spend most of their time working in their business rather than working on their business? Or do they just not know where to start blogging?

I think it is a combination of all of the above.

When you have customers with orders you need to fill, or supplies that need ordering, or staff that need training, and a family, where do you find time to do any blogging?

I had someone ask me what the use of blogging was. He said that there are no statistics showing that people are making any significant sales as a result of their blog. So, "Why should I blog?" he said.

Good question.

Here is what your blog does for you! It gives you credibility!!!

People don't buy from you solely because they like your blog. They buy from you because of the trust you have built up with them over time as the authority in your field.

When you blog on a regular basis, you create credibility! Your blog gives you credibility.
For example, I have followers who read my blog posts regularly. It is my blog that shows up in their Home Feed the most. So, when they are looking for someone to help them with their LinkedIn or their blogging, who do you think they are going to call?

When they are meeting for coffee with a business associate and they mention how they need help with LinkedIn and blogging, who do you think they will refer to their associate?
Yup! They will go to and refer to the person who they know, like and trust.

I have had people come to me from all over the world as a result of them reading something that I have posted. It raises a question in their minds or answers a question that they have and they want to reach out to get more information.

When you write your blog and share tips about your business or answer the types of questions that your clients ask you, you are not giving away the farm, so to speak, you are adding massive value. You will be respected for that.

Remember that the person who shows up most often is the person who will usually get the business.

The big secret to building trust online is that real business gets done face-to-face. Be aware of how you are interacting with those people who are commenting and responding to your blogs. Always aim to bring them to a meeting of some sort, phone call, coffee, or Skype.

It is not all about you. It is about how many people you can help.

Having challenges writing your blogs? I can help you with those. So call me. 780-904-9557

Make it a great day!

Christine Till

The Marketing Mentress



No comments:

Post a Comment