Saturday 22 April 2017

Linkedin Tip 92 - What does 1st, 2nd, and 3rd beside someone "whose viewed my profile's" name mean?

Have you wondered what the numbers beside the top right side of people's names mean on LinkedIn?

You know, where you see 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

You will notice these numbers whenever you see someone else's profile, or when they ask you to connect with them, or when you view your profile viewers.

When you see 1st to the top right of someone's profile, that tells you that the person you are viewing is a direct connection to you. It also means that you can send them a direct message without having to use InMail.

When you see 2nd to the top right of someone's profile, that tells you that the person you are viewing is a second level connection. They are connected to someone you are directly connected with on LinkedIn.

When you see 3rd to the top right of someone's profile, that tells you that the person you are viewing is directly connected to someone who is a second level connection from you.

Eg: I accept a connection request from Joe. Once I accept, we become 1st level connections. If Joe accepts a connection request from Susan, someone I am not connected with, then Susan and I become 2nd level connections. If Susan accepts a connection request from Bob, someone neither Joe or I are connected with, Bob becomes a 3rd level connection from me.

It is kind of like genealogy, except we are not cousins.

Thank you to my LinkedIn network for asking the question.

I look forward to your questions.

Make it a great week!

Christine Till

The Marketing Mentress


No comments:

Post a Comment