Wednesday 11 November 2015

LinkedIn Tip # 7 - What Kind of An Impression Are YOU Leaving?

How do you feel about linking up with profiles that have NO headshot?

Every day I receive requests from LinkedIn members asking me to add them to my network. Many of those requests come from profiles with NO headshot. How do you think that makes me feel?

First I wonder what they are hiding from me. Second I wonder if they are fake profiles. Third I do not connect with them if I do not know them and understand that they are new and working on getting a professional headshot.

If you own a business and want all your staff members to be on LinkedIn to help maximize its use to promote your business, what kind of an impression are your employees leaving about your company?

Even if you put a "selfie" on your profile, do you think that will promote a positive impression about the company?

Here's the "shtick".

You have 3 seconds to make a great first impression on LinkedIn. Yes, you read correctly. Try an experiment. Go on your LinkedIn profile, and check out some of the profiles listed in one of your groups. Slowly scroll down the pages of the members in the group and make mental note of the profiles that catch your eye.

Right! The first thing you look at is the headshot. The second thing you look at is their name and the third is their "headline below their name"... 3 seconds flat!

Take time to check out the LinkedIn profiles of all your staff members. Better yet, what kind of example are you giving your staff. They will duplicate what you do, only be a little more slack than you are.

It takes effort to keep your standards high. As a business owner, it is imperative that our profile is in stellar shape and that you invest in a professional headshot.

If you are looking for a professional photographer in your area, please let me know. I can connect you to some highly recommended ones in my network.

To learn more about enhancing your entire LinkedIn marketing program and how the groups are the key to it all, join us Nov. 19th for LinkedIn 202 - The Secrets of the groups:

Christine Till

The Marketing Mentress
1-780-904-9557
marketingmentress@gmail.com
Twitter: @mktgmentress





No comments:

Post a Comment