Monday 5 September 2016

LinkedIn Tip # 61 - Why do I need a coach?

I think I can do it alone; why do I need a coach?

Back when I first started using LinkedIn, I was totally new at any online marketing. I was also afraid of it.

Yup! That was me. Sound familiar?

If I had not had a coach to guide me, I would never have reached success in as short a time period. What took me a month would have probably taken more like a year, because I would have been frustrated then left it for a while, and then come back to it, then left it, and so on.

 That is what we tend to do when faced with something that is totally foreign to us. It takes time to warm up to the concept and become proficient with it.

When we work with a coach, the time span is shortened to 25% of the time it would take to learn from scratch on your own.

Here's the challenge.

Most all the social media platforms are free, so there is the thinking that we can just open up a business on a 'shoe-string' budget and do it all ourselves at no extra cost.

But what happens is we make many, MANY mistakes. Most of them we are not even aware of. And we lose business as a result of these mistakes.

Because we are unaware of our errors, the would-be customers we would have had, have already gone to our competition.

One of the biggest errors is to post something once a week. Guess what, nobody will see that post. It becomes even worse if we post something once a month.

Then there is the consistency of our platforms. Do they look uniform with your website, or are you just setting them up willy-nilly with everything different and no uniformity?

Did you know that many business owners do not even have a website? If they have one, it is not Search Engine Optimized. They have no idea what that even means.

Are we engaging with our audience?

We are brought back to that trust issue. People buy from people they trust.

Working without a coach ends up costing way more money in time wasted, mistakes made and business lost than it does when we use a professional who knows the ropes.

A coach can show us the best way, the simplest way, and the most efficient way to get the job done and make money.

After all, the bottom line is to make money. That is really what we got into business for isn't it?

Looking for a LinkedIn marketing and branding coach?

Call Christine Till
The Marketing Mentress



No comments:

Post a Comment