Wednesday 29 March 2017

LinkedIn Tip 88 - Is it ALL About YOU?

Do you feel like you need to make a sale at every meeting you attend?

Is everything you do in life and online all about YOU?

How do you feel about sharing other people's posts in your social media?

I heard a comment at a networking meeting the other day that made me think. "Oh Christine has been at it again...sharing other people's things." The tone of voice that was used made me also rethink what I was doing with all my online marketing.

One thing is for sure, I always am open to helping other people get their messages out. If they have an event locally, I will schedule their message to be posted until the date of the event. All they need to do is send me a URL and digitized poster that is easy to share on social media.

What I find appalling in many instances is the reluctance of people to share other people's posts! Don't they realize that being in business and sharing online is not all about them? It is about how many people we can all help, right.

All too often I see people posting things about their business, which comes across as a big pitch every time. They think that educating and informing their audience is telling them how they do this or that better than the competition. Or they price cut.

None of this ever works as well as if we just take time to blog about questions that our clients have had in the past.

Try thinking from your client's point of view. What is their pain? How can you help them get rid of their pain without a pitch?

Personally, I never worry about people stealing my clients when I post someone else's post. If that happens, then those clients were not meant for me in the first place.

If we never give out tips or answer questions through a blog, we never allow people to build the trust needed for business.

Sharing other people's great posts is both a compliment to them and to you, because you were selfless enough to think of them and how you can help them without pitching your own stuff.

In the 'Rule of 10 Posts', 6 are re-posts of other people's great quotes and blogs; 3 are your own blogs educating and informing people; 1 is a pitch where you invite people to your next webinar or workshop or offer a complimentary session.

So, the rule of posting is to pitch your own business 10% of the time. 60% of the time you are sharing and re-posting other people's great posts.

The way social media works and has the most impact is if we all start sharing each other's posts. If we fail to help others, they will not be as open to sharing your posts.

Connect with me and when I see your great posts, I will share it through my networks.

Remember, what goes around, comes around.

"I scratch your back; you scratch mine."

Deal?

Learn more about how I help people through my website below.

Make it a great day!

Christine Till

The Marketing Mentress





No comments:

Post a Comment